Celebrate the holidays with this delightful Grinch-themed dessert that requires no baking. This Grinch Cheesecake Lush features a luscious combination of vanilla cookies, airy cheesecake, and a velvety peppermint pudding layer, capturing the spirit of the season.
Perfect for holiday gatherings, this no-bake Grinch Lush is not only festive and fun but also sure to please any crowd. The seamless fusion of cheesecake and lush textures makes it a delightful treat, and the Christmas-themed Grinch twist adds an extra layer of enjoyment.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
What do you need to make this Grinch Cheesecake Dessert
Crust Layer: Vanilla Oreo cookies and melted butter.
Cheesecake Layer: Cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping.
Pudding Layer: Vanilla instant pudding mix, milk, peppermint extract, green gel food coloring, and red food coloring.
Toppings: Green and red heart sprinkles.
How to Make this Grinch Cheesecake Dessert
Create the Crust:
Process the cookies in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
Combine with melted butter and press into the baking dish.
Prepare the Cheesecake Layer:
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar using a hand mixer.
Fold in the whipped topping and add green food coloring to achieve the desired shade.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
Mix the Pudding Layer:
Combine dry pudding mix and milk; add peppermint extract.
Gradually add red food coloring until the desired shade is reached.
Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer.
Whipped Topping Layer:
Color the remaining whipped topping green and spread it over the top.
Sprinkle with green and red heart sprinkles.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I preserve any leftovers?
If there are any remnants, tightly cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and store the Grinch lush dessert in the refrigerator.
What is the shelf life of leftover dessert?
It can be safely stored for 3-4 days, but for optimal taste and texture, it is advisable to consume it within the initial 1-2 days.
Can you define a lush dessert?
A lush dessert is often used to describe layered treats incorporating elements like cream, pudding, or other ingredients—similar to a trifle or dessert lasagna—rather than a conventional cake. Typically, it boasts richness, moisture, and a luxurious quality.
Which type of food coloring is recommended?
Ordinary green food coloring can lead to frosting becoming too watery. Therefore, I strongly suggest using Green Food Coloring Gel for achieving your desired color.
Tips for Serving Grinch Cheesecake Lush:
Use a sharp knife dipped in hot water for clean slices.
Serve with extra whipped topping, sprinkles, and crushed candy canes.
Garnish with mini Oreo cookies for an added touch.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve for the best experience.
If you try this Cheesecake Delight with a Grinchy Twist Recipe, let me know! and don’t forget to SAVE it for later
- 36 vanilla Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green and red food coloring
- Green and heart-shaped sprinkles
- Use a food processor to crush all the cookies into fine crumbs.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a large bowl and combine them with the melted butter. Stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in one container of whipped topping.
- Add green food coloring to the cream cheese mixture until you achieve your desired shade. Gently spread this mixture over the cookie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until fully combined. Incorporate the peppermint extract and add red food coloring to achieve your preferred shade. Spread this mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Mix the remaining container of whipped topping with additional green food coloring until it matches the shade of the bottom layer. Spread the green whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle the top with festive sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or freeze.
- When ready to serve, slice into portions and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgCarbohydrates: 124gProtein: 12g