Indulge in the perfect dessert compromise with this luscious Brownie Bottom Cheesecake, an exquisite fusion of rich chocolate and creamy cheesecake. The dense, fudgy brownie layer serves as the delectable base, crowned by a velvety cheesecake filling that guarantees a delightful blend of decadence.
For enthusiasts of chocolate and cheesecake, this recipe is a must-try, creating a heavenly harmony between the chewy texture of the brownie and the smooth, tangy allure of the cheesecake.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
When it comes to creating indulgent yet straightforward desserts, consider me the reigning monarch of the kitchen. I’ve skillfully merged two of my personal favorites to craft the most exquisite brownie-bottom cheesecake you’ll ever savor. The brownie layer boasts a sumptuously rich and fudgy texture, while the cheesecake layer remains velvety and delectable, reminiscent of the classic New York style you’re accustomed to.
Effectively, we’re fashioning two distinct desserts in a single pan, streamlining the preparation process. I’ve opted for a boxed brownie mix to maintain exceptional taste without the hassle of extra dry ingredients.
Although a buttery graham cracker crust undeniably enhances a traditional cheesecake, trust me, the true magic lies in the brownie bottom! Should you find yourself in the midst of summer and wish to avoid heating up the oven, indulge in my No-Bake Cheesecake—it’s a personal triumph, if I may say so myself!
For a seasonal touch, consider incorporating citrus into your desserts; it adds a delightful freshness. If that piques your interest, explore my lemon cheesecake recipe. Needless to say, it vanished in no time, leaving no room for leftovers.
What do you need to make Cheesecake with a Brownie Base
Standard box of brownie mix
Ingredients for preparing brownies (as indicated on the box)
2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
2 large eggs, room temperature
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ cup hot fudge sauce or chocolate sauce (for serving)
Substitutions and Additions:
Brownie Mix: Any brand of boxed brownie mix will work.
Vanilla Extract: Experiment with almond, coconut, or hazelnut extracts for a unique twist.
How to make Cheesecake with a Brownie Base
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Mix brownie ingredients in a bowl and prepare according to package instructions.
Transfer brownie batter to the pan and bake for 15 minutes or until set.
While the brownie bakes, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
Add sugar, flour, vanilla extract, sour cream, and ¼ cup heavy cream; mix to combine.
Add eggs one at a time, stirring until incorporated into the cheesecake mixture.
Pour cheesecake batter over the brownie layer (no need to cool).
Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
Return the pan to the oven and bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes. Afterward, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed for 20 minutes. Crack the door open and let it cool for an additional 30 minutes.
Remove the cheesecake, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Just before serving, whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
Top the cheesecake with whipped cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
Enjoy the rich cheesecake with a simple plate and fork.
For an extra treat, pair with vanilla ice cream or iced tea.
Add a burst of freshness with sliced strawberries or raspberries.
Transform into a delightful sundae with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry on top.
Explore more cheesecake delights with our Lemon Cheesecake and Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipes.
If you try this Cheesecake with a Brownie Base Recipe, let me know! and don’t forget to SAVE it for later
- 1 standard box of brownie mix
- Ingredients for preparing brownies as per the box instructions (usually 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons water, ½ cup vegetable oil)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, divided into ¼ cup and 1 cup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup hot fudge or chocolate sauce for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil. Follow the instructions on the box for preparation.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared springform pan and bake for 15 minutes or until the brownies are set across the top.
- While the brownies are baking, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar and beat until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, vanilla extract, sour cream, and ¼ cup of heavy cream until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring by hand until each is fully incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the baked brownie. There's no need to cool the brownie crust after the initial 15 minutes of baking.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Return the springform pan to the oven and bake for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed for 20 minutes. Then, crack the door open and allow the cheesecake to cool for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Chill it in the refrigerator for an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top the cheesecake with the whipped cream and drizzle with hot fudge sauce just before serving.