This irresistible Corn Dip, also known as “Out-of-this-World Corn Dip” or “Crack Corn Dip,” is a party favorite that’s sure to garner rave reviews. It’s a delightful mix of corn, onions, peppers, garlic, green onions, jalapenos, Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese. The seasoning blend of chili powder, paprika, and ground cayenne adds a Mexican street corn essence to the dip, making it a hit both hot and cold. Perfect for serving with tortilla chips or Fritos scoops, this easy-to-make appetizer is not only delicious but also a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at any gathering. If you’re searching for a corn dip recipe that’s truly extraordinary, you’re in for a real treat with this recipe!
Yesterday, I created a spontaneous dip recipe for a casual snack during a poolside gathering at my Dad’s place. It’s one of my top choices for appetizers! It had been over five years since I last made this dip, and I was pleasantly reminded of its exceptional taste. True to my style, it’s incredibly easy to prepare and yields a large quantity.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
The blend of corn with mayonnaise and sour cream results in a creamy and enticing consistency. The added diced green chilies and jalapeños provide a mild yet noticeable heat. This dip is irresistibly tasty and is sure to be a hit with your guests, making them return for more.
If you’re a fan of corn dips, you should definitely give this jalapeño corn dip and loaded veggie ranch corn dip a try. I discovered this particular recipe in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook that my mom gifted to me when I first relocated to Philadelphia following my college years.
Discover the Delight of This Corn Dip Recipe
• Effortless Creation: Ideal for both novice and expert cooks, this recipe is a breeze to make. It demands only a few basic ingredients readily available at any local supermarket.
• Unmatched Taste: The unique appeal of this dip lies in its exquisite flavor profile. It masterfully blends sweet, savory, and spicy notes, complemented by just the right touch of creaminess.
• Versatile Serving Options: Whether it’s a sports event gathering or a casual backyard grill party, this corn dip is a fantastic addition. It pairs wonderfully with corn chips, but don’t hesitate to try it with vegetables, crackers, or even as a creative sandwich filling.
To make a delicious hot corn dip, start by warming a bit of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in chopped onions and bell peppers, sautéing them until they become tender. Then, turn down the heat to low, adding a dash of salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Stir for about a minute, then remove the skillet from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the sautéed vegetables with sweet corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, sliced green onions, diced jalapeno for a kick, a sprinkle of chili powder, paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra spice. Mix in generous amounts of shredded cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese to create a creamy, cheesy blend.
Once everything is well combined, transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top turns a golden brown color and the dip is bubbling hot. Serve this scrumptious dip warm for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or party snack!
Savory Corn Dip with a Kick
1. Start by warming a dash of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high flame. Toss in chopped onions and diced bell peppers, sautéing until they’re tender.
2. Switch to low heat, and blend in a pinch of salt, a twist of pepper, and minced garlic. Stir for a minute, then take off the heat to cool.
3. In a big bowl, mix the cooled sautéed veggies with sweet corn, creamy mayo, tangy sour cream, sliced green onions, finely chopped jalapeno for heat, a sprinkle of chili powder, a dash of paprika, a hint of cayenne pepper for extra spice, and a generous helping of shredded cheese. Stir well to combine all the flavors. Enjoy this zesty and creamy dip as a delightful appetizer!
COOKING SUGGESTIONS FOR CORN DIP
– For this dish, both canned and fresh corn removed from the cob are suitable. If opting for canned corn, ensure it’s well-drained. Fire-roasted canned corn is a great choice for extra flavor.
– This dip is delightful whether served hot or cold. For a varied experience, consider serving it half hot and half cold.
– Feel free to use any color of bell pepper. Cutting them into small pieces ensures a bit of pepper in every bite.
– If you’re not a fan of jalapenos, try using a 4-ounce can of green chilies, drained. They are usually less spicy and have a sweeter taste.
– Other cheese options that blend well in this recipe are Pepper Jack, Gruyere, Colby Jack, Gouda, and Fontina.
PAIRING OPTIONS WITH CORN DIP
Enjoy this corn dip with a variety of sides like tortilla chips, crackers, corn chips, crostini, cucumber slices, celery sticks, and baguettes. It’s also a great topping for tacos or nachos, adding an extra burst of flavor. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and savor them either hot or cold later.
STORING AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS
Keep leftover dip in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When reheating, use the microwave on a lower power setting. Due to the inclusion of sour cream and mayonnaise, freezing this dip is not advisable, as it may lead to separation and an undesirable texture.
If you try this Creamy Corn Dip Recipe, let me know! and don’t forget to SAVE it for later
- Ingredients for Spicy Corn Dip:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup mixed chopped green and red bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of corn, fire-roasted preferred
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small minced jalapeno (see notes)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions or fresh cilantro for garnish
- Optional: Fritos and tortilla chips for serving
Instructions for Hot Spicy Corn Dip:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and bell peppers until soft.
- Lower the heat and add salt, black pepper, and garlic. Stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the sautéed veggies with corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, jalapeno, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and cheeses.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with Fritos and tortilla chips.
Instructions for Cold Spicy Corn Dip:
- Follow steps 1-4 from the hot dip recipe.
- Instead of baking, cover the mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour to meld flavors.
- Serve chilled with tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini.