These succulent Baked Crunchy Shrimp are enveloped in a seasoned butter and crowned with savory breadcrumbs, offering a dish that’s both tasty and straightforward, with an irresistible texture you’re bound to enjoy. If your palate appreciates shrimp with an exceptional texture, you’ll find yourself enamored with this Baked Crunchy Shrimp recipe. The shrimp are lavishly coated in butter and a blend of spices, then mixed with crispy breadcrumbs. Opting to bake this delicacy rather than frying results in a remarkable texture, minus the excessive oil and fat. These shrimp deliver a bounty of deep flavors, presenting a healthier alternative to traditional breaded shrimp.
Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi offers the elegance of a fancy restaurant dish right in the comfort of your home, and it’s surprisingly quick to prepare! This Oven-Baked Shrimp Scampi is adorned with a savory blend of golden, buttery breadcrumbs infused with garlic and Parmesan, making it the simplest method to achieve perfectly cooked shrimp in your oven in only 15 minutes. Enjoy it as a starter or as a delightful light dinner accompanied by salad, garlic bread, or pasta. With its perfectly crunchy, delectable, and buttery taste, it’s irresistibly tempting!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
This shrimp dish is so simple to prepare that you’ll be amazed by the burst of flavors from your skillet or baking dish once it’s ready! It’s the perfect match for a beachfront setting, sipping on a glass of rosé while penning a post about this delightful seafood. It truly doesn’t get any better than this. The recipe boasts a rich buttery taste without the worry of tightening jeans. Furthermore, I’ve streamlined the process by eliminating a few steps from the traditional recipe, making it more accessible for those of us who feel winded in the kitchen. As always, adding white wine is a matter of preference; it can be substituted with chicken broth, additional lemon juice, or omitted entirely. The choice is yours.
Combine melted butter, breadcrumbs, garlic, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and parsley into a crumb mixture. Sprinkle this mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until the shrimp is just cooked. Afterward, adjust the oven to broil or grill mode for an additional minute or so, until the topping becomes crispy and achieves a golden color.
Utilizing Panko breadcrumbs ensures a superior texture in comparison to traditional breadcrumbs, though feel free to use whatever is available. Combine the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic, and a dash of red pepper flakes to gently stimulate the palate. Feel free to adjust the quantities to cater to your preferences!
Baked shrimp is significantly enhanced when crowned with a crunchy topping!
Guidelines for Achieving the Perfect Crunchy Baked Shrimp:
– Opt for larger shrimp sizes. Selecting large or jumbo shrimp is beneficial as smaller shrimp may be overshadowed by the coating. The larger size helps maintain the shrimp’s inherent flavor and texture as the main highlight.
– Purchase shrimp ready for cooking. To minimize preparation time, opt for shrimp that are already deveined, peeled, and tailless. While you can prepare them yourself, pre-cleaned shrimp offer a convenient shortcut.
– Choose Panko breadcrumbs. For an optimal crunch, Panko breadcrumbs outperform traditional breadcrumbs. They complement the texture of baked shrimp well. Consider making your own Panko to ensure it suits the dish perfectly.
– Arrange the shrimp in a single, even layer. Doing so promotes uniform cooking and ensures each shrimp is evenly coated with the seasoned breadcrumb mixture, crucial for creating the ultimate Crunchy Baked Shrimp.
Alternative Modifications for this Recipe
– Experiment with various seasonings. Swap out the garlic powder and paprika for other spices like Old Bay, chili powder, cayenne, or Italian seasoning to alter the flavor profile.
– Introduce citrus elements. The addition of a bit of fresh lemon or lime juice complements the seafood with a zesty twist in the seasoned butter mix.
– Adapt for a dairy-free version. Using olive oil in place of butter can effortlessly transform this into a dairy-free meal.
– Opt for gluten-free Panko. To maintain the dish’s gluten-free integrity, consider purchasing or preparing your own gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs.
Storing and Reheating Instructions
Leftovers of the Crunchy Baked Shrimp can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for a maximum of 3 days. For reheating, return the shrimp to a baking dish and heat in the oven until thoroughly warmed. A quick broil session afterwards will help in restoring their crispiness.
Pair with Rice: Enhance your meal by serving these Crunchy Baked Shrimp atop a variety of rice dishes such as Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans, a classic Rice and Beans combo, Spinach Rice, or opt for Riced Cabbage for a lighter option.
Add to Salads: Elevate your salads by incorporating these shrimp for added protein and taste. They are a perfect match for an Amazing Kale Salad.
Accompany Main Dishes: These shrimp are versatile enough to complement other proteins. Serve them with Creamy Mushroom Chicken, pork chops, steak, or Baked Cod for a well-rounded meal.
Enjoy with Pasta: Discover the delicious combination of Crunchy Baked Shrimp over pasta. Pair them with Easy Angel Hair Pasta or Creamy Roasted Pepper Pasta for a satisfying dish.
- Ingredients for the Shrimp:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of unsalted butter, melted and divided
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Ingredients for the Topping:
- 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (425°F).
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, combine 2 tablespoons of melted butter with the white wine.
- Heat the butter and wine mixture in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until it has reduced somewhat.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the minced garlic, lemon juice, remaining melted butter, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Toss the shrimp in the garlic-lemon butter mixture until they are evenly coated.
- In another bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and salt until well combined.
- After removing the baking dish from the oven, place it on a stable surface.
- Lay the shrimp in an even layer in the baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Switch to broil for an additional 2 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your meal.