Introducing our effortless Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies – a delightful twist to your holiday baking! No need for tedious chilling or rolling; this recipe combines the creamy tang of cream cheese with the festive burst of joyous sprinkles. Perfect for cookie swaps or cozy evenings at home, these treats are bound to leave a lasting impression. Crafted with ingredients like butter, cream cheese, and a touch of vanilla extract, each bite unfolds like a symphony of flavors.
Reflecting on the first time I made these cookies, I recall a December evening filled with excitement. Mixing the dough emitted a tantalizing vanilla aroma, enveloping our kitchen in warmth. The magic truly unfolded as my husband and our little one joined in, their laughter harmonizing with the falling sprinkles. What started as golden, enticing cookies became cherished memories baked with love, instantly adored by my family.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
What makes our Christmas Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies stand out? It’s their playful appearance, capturing the essence of the holiday season. The addition of rich cream cheese brings a softness and depth of flavor, setting them apart from typical holiday treats. Moreover, this recipe’s simplicity makes it accessible to bakers of all skill levels, creating a visually delightful and delicious cookie—a perfect addition to your holiday baking lineup.
What do you need to make Festive Sprinkle Cookies with Cream Cheese for Christmas
- Cream cheese
- Egg yolk
- Sifted flour
- Kosher salt
- Vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Sprinkle Cookies:
Mix cream cheese and shortening, then incorporate remaining ingredients for a smooth dough.
Form dough into balls, roll in sprinkles, and place on a baking sheet.
Bake until edges are lightly golden (approximately 15 minutes).
Why sift the flour? Sifting ensures a softer, smoother consistency by breaking up clumps. It also aerates the flour for a lighter texture and enhances ingredient adhesion.
Best sprinkles for Christmas cookies? Jimmies or nonpareils work well. Avoid super fine sprinkles like sanding sugar, as they may get absorbed during baking.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use room temperature cream cheese and shortening.
- Allow cookies to cool briefly on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in a tight container at room temperature.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Not recommended, as sprinkles may bleed upon thawing. Try our Peanut Butter Cookies for a freezer-friendly option.
Can I skip the glaze?
Certainly! Sprinkle with powdered sugar post-baking.
Can I make these ahead?
Refrigerate the dough overnight for a time-saving option.
Can I use margarine?
Real butter is recommended for the authentic, buttery flavor.
Can I skip the sprinkles?
Of course! They’ll still taste delightful without.
Prepare in advance by baking, glazing, and cooling cookies completely. Store in an airtight container with layers separated by wax or parchment paper for up to 6 months. Thaw outside the container to prevent condensation. Get a head start on holiday baking with our Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies!
If you try this Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies Recipe, let me know! and don’t forget to SAVE it for later
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar, ensuring thorough mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Gradually incorporate the all-purpose flour into the mixture until a cohesive dough forms.
- Shape the dough into 1½-inch balls and roll each ball in the sprinkles.
- Place the sprinkle-coated dough balls on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 22 minutes or until the cookies display a golden color.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving. Enjoy these delightful treats!