These Mint Chocolate Cream Cheese Treats are ideal for any gathering! Enjoy delightful cream cheese mints with a hint of mint, filled with rich chocolate ganache. They are sure to delight your friends and family who adore the combination of chocolate and mint.
The No Bake Mint Cream Cheese Buttons are incredibly simple to prepare and a favorite among all! They offer a fast and delicious snack for any season!
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
Cream Cheese Mint Buttons are a delightful and easy-to-make treat, perfect for any occasion. These treats are especially popular for St. Patrick’s Day, but their versatility allows for year-round enjoyment. Simply by altering the color of the gel food coloring, they can be adapted for various holidays. For Easter, for instance, pink or yellow buttons with a white chocolate filling are a charming choice. They have become a staple for nearly every holiday celebration, thanks to the convenience of not requiring baking.
No-bake desserts are particularly appealing, as they avoid the need to use an oven, which is especially beneficial during the summer months. For events like July 4th, BBQs, or potlucks, these mint buttons can be made in red, white, and blue with a white chocolate filling, offering a delightful and festive dessert option.
We adore quick and adaptable snacks. From the moment we first prepared these, it was clear they were a hit! You have the option to make them smaller. Initially, we opted for a smaller size, but as everyone started taking two or three, we increased their size for convenience and speed.
This delightful sweet treat, although not a cookie, is a perfect addition to your festive “baking” repertoire without the need to preheat the oven. Ideal for a holiday cookie platter, these mints can be easily customized: try substituting the mint flavor with cherry or raspberry for a delightful twist.
The classic duo of chocolate and mint makes these treats a favorite in our household and a frequent choice for their irresistible flavor combination. Whoever dreamt up this pairing truly merits recognition! These treats are not only a splendid inclusion on a holiday cookie platter but also a fantastic option for a holiday cookie exchange.
Every now and then, someone inquires if I possess a recipe for cream cheese mints. My response is affirmative, though it’s not published on my blog. Not very useful, right? However, I’m on the verge of sharing it. Expect it in a week or two In the meantime, and as we approach St. Patrick’s Day, I’d like to present an easy candy recipe. It’s a delightful cream cheese mint filled with chocolate ganache.
These mints are always a party favorite and are incredibly simple to prepare. This recipe yields an impressive 6 dozen candies, ensuring plenty for a large gathering. I prefer making them quite small, just bite-sized. I use about a teaspoon of dough for each mint. To maintain uniformity in size, use a level teaspoon for each.
I’ve previously made these treats by simply placing a Hershey’s kiss in the center, which is fun and straightforward. However, an even better approach is creating a small indentation and filling it with ganache – after all, ganache enhances everything, right? While you can keep the mints white, I prefer adding a touch of green to indicate the mint flavor for my guests.
It’s important not to overdo it, though. Gel food coloring is the ideal choice in this case, as it adds color without introducing excess moisture to the dough.
When discussing mint flavors, I specifically refer to spearmint, distinct from peppermint. In fact, when I use peppermint, I usually tint the candies pink to differentiate them. I’ve even created a simple video to demonstrate how effortless it is to make these treats. It’s a fun activity where kids can also get involved!
Many of you asked about the measuring spoons I used in the video, and yes, they’re Disney-themed! I’ve included a link to them for those interested.
My absolute favorites are mint and chocolate flavored treats. If you’re fond of this combination too, I recommend exploring more recipes that use it. Some of my top picks include Chocolate Covered Mint Patties, Chocolate Mint Brownies, and a Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball. These recipes are sure to delight any mint-chocolate aficionado!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Green gel food color (several drops)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with one cup of powdered sugar using a stand or hand mixer.
- Incorporate the mint extract and green food color, blending until evenly combined.
- Gradually mix in the remaining powdered sugar. Scrape the bowl sides as needed. If the mixer struggles, knead the mixture by hand (often quicker).
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form teaspoon-sized portions of the dough into balls using your hands. Place each on the baking sheet.
- Create indentations in each ball using the end of a wooden spoon or a small spoon. Lightly dust the spoon with powdered sugar if it sticks.
- Chill the mints until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the whipping cream until it simmers, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Stir briefly, then let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a ziploc bag and let it thicken to a yogurt-like consistency for about 30 minutes. Refrigeration can speed up this process, but monitor to avoid over-firming.
- Snip a corner off the bag and pipe the ganache into the center of each mint.
- Chill the mints until the ganache sets, about 1 hour.
- Store in the refrigerator.